Thursday, August 1, 2013

1st August

Completed morning program. In the Supreme Court and chamber from 12.30 to 5 pm. Very often some episodes during our May-June 2013 stay in London flash in my mind. These will make interesting reading/stories as time passes by. I will write these in the blog as and when it is possible under caption : '.Some memories'. Let me start with one today.
'Some memories' : I prefer to take First Flush Darjeeling tea in the morning. The First Flush tea is plucked in the Spring season, the Second Flush in summers and Third Flush tea in winters. The Spring tea is light compared to Summer and Winter teas. There is a special procedure to prepare tea to get the best flavor.  First, one has to rinse the container in which tea is to be brewed with hot water. One gram of tea is required for one cup of tea. I brew two cups of tea in 300 milliliter of water everyday in the morning. Hot water has to be poured in the container after its bubbles have settled down. Brewing is done just for 2 minutes. I take it without milk.  The tea prepared in such manner is quite refreshing. One can take it with milk if so wished.
One day I prepared tea in the morning. After brewing, I sieved it in a glass. It had the color of  whisky. It was about 7.30 am. Ruchi, my daughter-in-law, saw it. She exclaimed, ' What is this ?' She thought that I was drinking whisky early morning. She had not seen me drinking for years. I said,' it is tea.'I could see a flicker of disbelief in her eyes. But soon she realized her mistake. She felt quite shy about her exclamation and went away downcast, amused and smiling at herself.
Retired to sleep at 11 pm.

No comments: