Tuesday, July 6, 2021

 6th

That pit called BPRD

I was deputed for the Intermediate Command course at Bramshill Police Collage UK for a three month course from from Jan to March,1980. I was quite happy about it. So was the DGP Assam. The then IGP intelligence told me about it. On return from London i was promoted and posted as DIG Assam Nagaland Border and Central Range with headquarters at Nowgong. When i called on the then Governor of Assam and Meghalaya,late LP Singh, he said as to why i was going to that 'Pit' called the Bureau of Research and Development on deputation. I called on the DGP and informed what the Governor said. The DGP said that he won't release me for the deputation that i would have to work in Assam police and that immediately i would have to supervise a number of rape cases registered in Mukalmua ps area. It showed that he wanted a pliant and preferably an Assamese officer at Gauwhati and that he won't mind me in any other place.

Quotable Quotes :"Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made."Otto von Bismarck

No comments: