Saturday, May 20, 2017

20th May

Attended a dinner get-together of Allahabad University alumini association (AUAA) in Airport Authority of India guest house on Delhi flying club road. LG Delhi, Shri Anil Baijal, a retired IAS officer and alumnus of AUA, also joined in. Shri Baijal was posted at Dhubri for training as assistant commissione when i was there as SP Goalpara. He said that most of his training period was with KK Sinha. He was with us (Bezbaruah and me) for a short time.
I suggested we could recreate 'Dhubri' at Delhi with Bezbaruah and remnisce together. He liked the idea.
Quotable Quotes :"I was born in a very poor family. I used to sell tea in a railway coach as  a child. My mother used to wash utensils and do lowly household work in the houses of others to earn a livelihood. I have seen poverty very closely. I have lived in poverty. As a child, my entire childhood was steeped in poverty." Narendra Modi

No comments: