Friday, August 20, 2010

6th to 19th August

On 6th visited Safdarjang hospital and showed the cardiology test reports to Dr. Sandeep Bansal. He said that the additional medicine prescribed by Dr.Seth was in fact for chest pain and may not be taken. Today is Ekadashi and I have kept fast. Venita left for Allahabad by Duronto Express tonight and will leave for Delhi back by the same train in the night tomorrow to reach on Sunday morning. Felt a bit breathless. Will consult Dr.Sandeep Bansal if it persists. Otherwise I am comfortable. The writeup in the Indian Express on 7th points out that dried Apricots are rich in magnesium, are stress buster and natural muscle relaxant. Almonds, pistachios and walnuts lower blood pressure and boost immune system. The oranges also reduce stress and return blood pressure to normal level. Spinach remove deficiency in magnesium. The deficiency in magnesium causes migraine headaches, a feeling of fatigue. One cup of Spinach is the daily need of the body. These are some of the points I noted from the newspaper. Watched the cricket match between Sri Lanka & India. On 8th Venita returned from Allahabad. The Duronto Express was late by four and half hours. The culture connect marketing is needed to sell your wares, so says Sh. Sombit Sengupta in a write up in the Indian Express.On 9th visited Dr.Agarwal's clinic for the root canaling of the teeth number 6&7. Dr.Agarwal said that perhaps root canaling of tooth no. 7 may not be necessary. He will decide it later. On 11th visited Safdarjang hospital and CGHS for collection of permissions for tests and also medicines. Met Dr.R Tandon in the Sitaram Bharatiya Institute of Science and Research. He suggested a capsule in lieu of four tablets I take now ever since my angioplasty in 2004. He further said that I should get another HBAC test done after sometime to watch the sugar level. The fasting and PP sugar are normal. Fasting is 93 and PP is 133, which are in the normal level. I have been consulting Dr.Tandon as the final word in my treatment. He gives a sober and professional advice. On 12th visited Safdarjang hospital to collect endorsement of eye test of Venita. Met Agnihotri. Jain has joined as new RC of Meghalaya house. Met him too. Bought 5 cartons of Stevia O Cal for Venita. I had to search a number of chemist stores and ultimately got it in the Nath chemist shop in CP. On 13th joined the batch mates over 2nd Friday lunch in the COIS. There were in all 18 batch mates including VR Kohli and Naresh Saxena. On 15th hoisted the National flag in the premises of the Arunodaya housing society where I live. I have been doing it from 1998 when the National flag was hoisted on the Independence day first time. I occupied my flat in the society without any wood work as I had no money for it. Even for electrical work I had to take loan from an acquaintance. Later for my work in UNDCP I was paid Rs.60,000 and I could return the loan.Some of my friends whom i contacted for loan did not give. I had then retired. It is only after I earned some money in the legal profession that I could get the wood work done. I have remained president of the society for over 8 years during which 304 flats came up. In fact I had to strengthen the foundations of some of the blocks of flats as these were not adequately provided for. It was hard work for me along with my other colleagues of the management committee. During a brief speech,I appealed to members to keep in view the comfort of others. On 16th sent a scanned copy of the news item published in the Times of India regarding fraudulent withdrawal from the accounts in UK. On 17th visited Dr.Agarwal's dental clinic for capping of the four lower teeth no. 4,5,6 & 7. On 18th again visited Dr.Agarwal's dental clinic for check up. Visited Kairali and bought some coconut fried banana chips etc. On 19th there was a get together at Gurgaon for Pramod and his family who are leaving for Morocco on 20th as their elder son is posted there. Venita attended it. I could not go.

No comments: