Monday, August 23, 2010

20th to 22nd August

On 20th visited Dr. Agarwal's clinic for final touches to the capping of the 4 teeth. Dr.Agarwal's wife did the capping in a highly professional manner. I was impressed and congratulated her for an excellent job done.Dr. Agarwal told me that she had taken care of his teeth too. But I don't understand as to how his teeth were so blackish. Dr.Agarwal has a negroid looks. I will ask his wife when I go to the clinic on 24th about it (about teeth and not about his negroid looks). Silku informed that he had been blessed with a daughter at 11 am on 19th August. He informed me after about 24 hours. I told him that it was a great news and that I bless her. A number of telephone calls and messages were received by us congratulating for the birth of 5th grand child to us. On 21st visited custom shop and bought an umbrella, probably made in China or Korea. But the the Chinese letters had been defaced. I don't know the reason. Perhaps the dealer or the manufacturers do not want it to be known that it was manufactured in China or Korea for whatever reasons. The Sony LCD bought by my wife as birthday gift to me is in fact from the interest of the gift of money which she got from her mother and not from our joint account. I dint get any dowry nor we demanded it during our marriage, but I feel as if I am getting it now unsolicited. Last year she gave me a Nokia cellphone costing about Rs.20,000/-. This year it is again a costly gift . If she continues to give me such gifts during the remaining years of my life I think I would have got quite a bit of dowry after 43 years of married life. So let it be. I am not asking for it. The LCD however did not reach today due to heavy rains in Gurgaon. The dealer informed that it would reach me next day. I got a reading light fixed over my bed. I myself went to the Tilak Nagar market to search for one. But could not get better than what the society electrician had brought. In a discourse on the tv Brahma Kumari Shivani answered the following eternal questions as follows:
1. Who are we? Ans: We are consciousness/energy.
2. What is the purpose of life? Ans: As our true nature is peace and happiness, the purpose of our life is to create happiness and peace.
3. What is a goal? Ans: It is relative to time and space.
4. What are the values of life? Ans: Purity, Happiness and Peace.
We can ponder over the above and come to our own conclusions. Good food for thought.On 23rd the LCD arrived and was installed by me in the room where Venita works and sleeps. She dint object to it. Had to pay additional Rs. 7800/- as we decided to buy a bigger LCD. Venita had bought 22" inches LCD which I thought was small for the room and therefore I suggested her to buy a 26" LCD promising to pay the additional balance amount required for it. She agreed. Dr.B.Prasad and his family came for lunch. Mrs.Prasad brought beautiful Rajanighanda flowers. Could not go for the dinner of Gaurave as felt quite tired after a long pre and post lunch sitting together with Dr. Prasad and his family.

No comments: