Wednesday, April 25, 2012

25th April

                                              British Visa

As I had to come to the chamber to collect some papers for British visa and reach Visa office by 11 am, I could not adhere to morning program. This mess-up took place as I thought it was 24th today and that I would arrange all papers today for submission to Visa office tomorrow. But when I realized that it was already 25th I got a bit nervous and had to rush to the office to collect the papers. Went for a short walk in the evening. 
Appeared for the Visa interview and gave all the papers. I have to go to London on 26th May. There is no need to go for fast track disposal of the application. In usual course, one gets back the passport with or without Visa in 2 weeks' time.. In fast track you get it in 2 to 3 days But you have to pay an additional amount of about Rs.5000/- I can wait for 2 weeks. I went through the Premium service route.. I had to pay an extra Rs.2000/- for the Premium route. In the premium route,you wait in an AC lounge for a few minutes, have  coffee and cookies without additional charges. You are attended to by smart employees and your work is done in no time.Otherwise you have to wait in a common lounge for your turn. You get only water and that too you have to take yourself.
First I went to the Visa office in the forenoon. I had noticed a factually wrong entry in the application form early in the  morning It could be corrected only by refiling the application form on line.I could not do it.It takes much time.I type slow.It  could be done by my assistant or I could go to a cyber cafe. He could be available after 11 am. A Visa expert said that the mistake would be ignored by the authority.But when i showed the error to Visa office, I was advised to correct it and come back by 4 pm to file the corrected form. Through oversight, it had been mentioned in the form that the passport, submitted by me, was the first passport. In fact it was the third passport.Earlier passports had been cancelled one by one as there was no space for visa entries anymore. Accordingly i revisited the Visa office and after filing a corrected  form at about 2 pm, left it. I deposited Rs 6650 for a 6 month Visa and Rs.250 as processing fee. I had to visit the Visa office twice.I had very many tense moments from early hours (when the said mistake was detected ) till the corrected copy was filed. I had quite a few cups of coffee and must have munched a number of cookies in the premium lounge.I was hungry.I had taken a frugal breakfast of fruits and oats early morning before I left for Visa office. .
In chamber from 9 to 10 am,11 am to 1 pm and from 3 to 5.15 pm
Retired to sleep at 11.15 pm.

No comments: